The name of the village Mesi comes from the location, “Pentostrato” (meaning five streets) where the five main roads, leading to all areas of Tinos, are met.
It has, traditionally, been a rural village and its fertile fields have ever been cultivated.
At the entrance of the village, one meets the parish, the Church of the Archangels. The monastery of St. Francis was founded in 1670 and was the first Roman Catholic monastery on the island.
The Monastery of St Francis also houses Folklore Museum (of agricultural tools).
It is the focal point for hiking at the plateau surrounded by Tsiknias and Xobourgo.
Located 10,5km away from Chora (Tinos). Follow the old road network (starting from Zan.Alavanou Av). Reaching Berdemiaros, turn left and go straight on to Mesi.