- Monastiria is a deserted village with rare, wild beauty.
- The last house of the village was abandoned in the mid 1970's.
- The ravages of time reflected in all the buildings of the settlement, fail to erase its unique
- If you are looking for a different tour, wander the ruins of houses on a journey through time.
- Watch your step in summer (remember that Tinos is called Ofiousa=having snakes ...), do not
get too close to ruins and do not be alarmed if you hear strange sounds, as the village is now
"inhabited" mostly of goats.
- The only "live" part of the village is the church of St. Joseph.
- Walking around the area, you will find the old road that connects the village Perastra
and the valley (north of the village) with its picturesque pigeon houses and lush vegetation.
- Situated 10.5 km off Chora (Tinos).
- Follow the new road network (starting from Tripotamou Av.) and turn left at the
first crossroad and right at the second one. Pass Krokos and 700m off, turn right towards