- Its name "Kalloni" means beauty.
- The village was formerly called "kellia", a name given to rural homes ("cells" in the
local dialect), which constituted the settlements in the region or the cells of the monks
living in the monastery of Agia Ypomoni (Holy Obedience). By decision of the municipal
council adopted by royal decree, the village was renamed in Kalloni.
- In Kalloni, one can distinguish three regions: the upper village around the church of Ag.
Zaccaria, Koulparia, known as the central part of the village and Kalozados, the lower
village. The original core of the village was the upper village.
- The parish of the village is the church of Ag. Zaccaria. A basilica church, one of the
largest on the island, with a beautiful pebbled churchyard will be an interesting stop of
your tour in the village.
- A nice ride also, is the path leading to the chapel of Agia Ypomoni, where you will enjoy
- In the past, there was formerly a school for rug and carpet making.
- The Heroon, at the entrance of the village, is the monument where the names of the villagers,
who perished in the war during the period 1912-1922, are recorded.
- Located 13 km away from Chora (Tinos).
- Starting from Kionion coastal road, reach the junction at Ag. Marina and continue right