- LOCATION: Located in the NW part of the island, it is about 29km from Chora.
- ACCESS: After Pyrgos village, head to Marlas, pass through the village and go uphill on
the left, following the sign for Koumelas. The last 4.5km (it is a dirt road) require
cautious driving but not a Jeep(4x4) necessarily.
- MORPHOLOGY: Pebbles, rocks, deep water
- ORGANIZED: No, natural shade from trees
- CROWD INFO: Quiet
- WEATHER: Relatively calm.
- On the way to Koumelas, the view of Andros is unique, since it is located near the
Strait between the two islands.
- On the way to Mali and Koumelas, you meet the impressive landscape of the quarries
worth getting to Strait (Steno) of Tinos-Andros, if you have a Jeep (4x4).