- Platia is a small preserved village near Pyrgos.
- First reports of the existence of the village date back to the 17th century.
- On September 8 (Nativity of Mary) a feast takes place and all the villagers make
preparations for it, welcoming and treating a lot of visitors, every year.
- Next to the church (Birthday of Mary) there is a small ecclesiastical museum.
- Main occupation of the villagers was the processing of marble.
- Samples of Platiana marble art are the works of folk art (grave, tomb inscriptions)
in the local cemetery.
- The marble memorial lists the fallen Panormiton heroes in the Balkan wars.
- Platia are 21 km off Chora.
- Head for Pyrgos through the new network of Chora-Panormos (starting either from
Kionion coatal road or from Tripotamou Av.). 2km before reaching Pyrgos turn right