- Xinara is built at the foot of Xombourgo and dates back to the 19th century.
- In medieval times, it was a cultural and commercial center of the island. Most handicrafts of
the island were represented here.
- From the Byzantine period until today, it is the seat of the Catholic Diocese of Tinos.
- The impressive building, which you meet at the entrance of the village and is known as the
"Bishop's Palace", housed the Catholic Diocese of Tinos Archive and Museum relics.
- Old Bishop's Palace housed a seminary.
- Particularly noteworthy are the two architectural Catholic churches: Our Lady of the
Rosary (1860-1870) is the cathedral of the Catholic Archdiocese and the Church of the
Apostles Peter and Paul (1836).
- In the theater of Xinara cultural events take place in summer.
- Situated 7 km off Chora (Tinos).
- Follow the new road network (starting from Tripotamou Av.) and turn left at the first junction
and right at the second one heading for Xinara.