- The name comes from the plant been cultivated (or grew naturally, opinions differ) in the
roofs of houses and was used to dye yarn or to give color to raki (local drink).
- Krokos is one of the smallest villages of Tinos.
- It is built in a wooded ravine before the meadow of Komi.
- It was the birthplace of the doctors on the island, in the 17th century, as well as of the
philosopher Zalloni Markakis, who, in 1809, wrote the "Journey to Tinos" which was the first
attempt to record the history of Tinos
- Situated 9 km off Chora (Tinos).
- Follow the new road network (starting from Tripotamou Av) leading to Komi.
You meet Krokos just after Loutra.