- In place of the Church of Evangelistrias, there existed a Byzantine church of St. John the Baptist, which, as it was said, was burned in the Saracen pirate raids, while, in antiquity, the ancient temple was dedicated to Dionysus.
- Built in its original form within three years (1823-1826), thanks to the voluntary work of Tinians and financial contributions by believers from every corner of Greece, it is the first remarkable architectural monument of the liberated Greek nation.
- This triune temple with its vaulted naves and a dome above the altar, was architecturally supervised by Efstratios Kalonaris, from Smyrna.
- The marbles used (from Panormos and Delos) were carved by artists of Exo Meria, having given their best.
- The bell tower of 29m, having three floors and resembling to that of Agia Fotini of Smyrna, was restored in 1957 by Ioannis Philipotis.
- The mosaic outside the church was made of white and black sea pebbles.
- Each one of the hundrends of offerings inside the church, hides its own story.
The building complex of the Church also includes the following auxiliary spaces:
- Offices. On the eastern side of the complex, the first floor houses: the office of the Executive Committee Meeting of the Foundation and related information services, handling religious rituals (weddings, baptisms, etc.) as well as donations.
- Chapel. In the chapel, on the right of the main entrance, pilgrims can light their candle, since, in order to protect the interior of the church and also, facilitate the smooth flow of pilgrims entering the church, lighting candles is not permitted in the nave.
- Confessionals. In the confessionals on the western side of the complex, the sacrament of confession is celebrated.
- Hospice. On the east side, the hostels can accommodate the pilgrims up to three days. Available relevant newsletter about their operations.
- First Aid Station. In the northern part of the complex there is a first aid station.
- Hall. On the east side, the hall houses the official events of the Foundation.
- In the Church of Zohodohou Pigis, known as Evresi (=Discovery), you can see the exact point where the Sacred Icon was found.
- During excavations for Finding the icon, they discovered ruins of an ancient temple and they decided -even before finding the icon- that a church should be built in that location.
- The Holy water is flowing from a fountain located in the church, beside the point where the icon was found.
- In the church baptismal fonts (two for infants and one for adults), hundreds of baptisms take place, each year.
- In the middle area of the Evresi Church, part of the earlier church of St. John the Baptist still exists.
- On January 30th, the Finding of the miraculous Icon (the custom of Fanarakia-Lanterns) is celebrated.
Welcome to tinosecret.gr website. On this website our services are provided under the following terms and conditions which apply to the full Content of the pages, graphics, images, photos and files contained in it. Please read carefully the following terms and conditions of use each time you visit our website. In case of disagreement please do not use our services, otherwise it is presumed that you accept our terms and conditions and you grant your consent. In any case, please let us know your comments, by using the e-mail addresses on this site. We will consider them within the limits of the possible, of good faith and fair dealing.
The entire content of the website including, without limitation, trademarks, logos, text, photographs, maps, graphics, icons active (button icons), images, audio files, the data compilations, and software, and the formation and organization of these (referred to hereinafter abbreviated as "Content") are the intellectual property of tinosecret.gr and its partners that are mentioned in the site. The Content, with the exception of recognized third party rights, is governed and protected by national, Community and international copyright law and trademarks. The invalidity of any term of use shall not affect the validity of the remaining terms, considered to be valid. With the exception of the cases where it is allowed by law, it is prohibited to use the Content for commercial purposes, to reproduce it, republish it, copy it, store it, transmit it, distribute it, publish it, perform it, load it (download), translate it, modify it, sell it in any manner and for any purpose, in whole or part of it, without our prior written permission. The copying of a part of the Content for personal and non-commercial use, provided the indication of origin is present, does not imply in any way the assignment of copyright. For the mentioned rights of third parties, their products or services that are registered trademarks or intellectual property products the infringement of any kind by users of the website is to be dealt by them. The above mentioned are included in our website in good faith for the sake of completeness and information and, if requested by the beneficiaries will be removed as soon as possible.
The tinosecret.gr makes every effort to ensure that the information and the entire Content are accurate, clear, updated, complete, correct and available for its visitors. It is not reliable if for any reason, including negligence, in case that the site crashes or if it is difficult or impossible to access it, or if "viruses" or other harmful software access the user's terminal by using the website or another site or server that disseminates its Content. Is also not responsible for loss of data or any other damages (actual or consequential) due to the use, copying, downloading (download) or other unauthorized third party interventions in files and data available through it . The responsibility to protect from "malicious software" is borne solely by the visitor. The information on this site is provided "as it is" without warranty of any kind, express or implied, which we explicitly deny.
3. Third Party Links (Links)
4. Exclusion of liability for third party information provided / ads
The tinosecret.gr expressly reserves the right to display advertising messages using the available technology means and of any size (text, banner, pop up, text links etc) without having any obligation to warn the users about it. The website does not assume any liability for the availability, content, privacy policies, quality and completeness of the products or services or websites advertised on tinosecret.gr. The content and information that does not originate from tinosecret.gr (not limited to the business listings, ads, offers) do not come within the sphere of our responsibility. The tinosecret.gr publishes and displays with the initiative and exclusive responsibility of the trader / advertiser information but cannot guarantee in any way the accuracy, completeness or availability of information. No part of the content is not and can not be construed as advice, exhortation, encouragement direct or indirect for omission or commission of any act (e.g. rental or purchase of a specific property, of goods etc), but has to be judged and evaluated by each user / visitor, solely by his own initiative, undertaking simultaneously the responsibility to verify the data supplied.
5. Applicable Law and place of Jurisdiction
Competent courts for the resolution of any dispute arising from the use of this website are the courts of Athens, Greece.
The tinosecret.gr may change, add or delete the terms and conditions of use in whole or in part at its discretion, if it deems necessary and reasonable for legal, general regulatory and technical reasons, or due to changes in services or in the nature of the site layout.