- The name of the village comes from the location, "Pentostrato" (meaning five streets) where
the five main roads, leading to all areas of Tinos, are met.
- Mesi has, traditionally, been a rural village and its fertile fields have ever been cultivated.
- At the entrance of the village, one meets the parish, the Church of the Archangels.
- The monastery of St. Francis in Mesi was founded in 1670 and was the first Roman Catholic
monastery on the island.
- The Monastery of St Francis also houses Folklore Museum (of agricultural tools).
- Mesi is the focal point for hiking at the plateau surrounded by Tsiknias and Xobourgo.
- Located 10,5km away from Chora (Tinos).
- Follow the old road network (starting from Zan.Alavanou Av). Reaching Berdemiaros, turn
left and go straight on to Mesi.