- LOCATION: Situated close to Chora, it lies approximately 3km west.
- ACCESS: Approach it by car, bus or on foot. From the new port, follow the coastal road in
the opposite direction in relation to Chora, which leads you to Kionia. Map
- MORPHOLOGY: Sandy mostly, small pebbles in some places
- ORGANIZED: Organized only in some parts of the beach
- CROWD INFO: Busy
- WEATHER: Exposed to strong winds, with some sheltered spots, though.
- One of the largest beaches.
- In Kionia, there is the ancient Temple of Poseidon and Amphitriti.
- The part of the beach, in front of the site, is called Tsambia and -near the cliffs- it is
sheltered and protected from the wind.
- The three small coves at the end of the beach after the rocks are also lee and inviting.