- Potamia is built among three ravines (Xynari, Gourouni, Akeratou).
- The surrounding valleys are green, with plenty of running water.
- In the area, the watermills were working in the past.
- The few residents, who have been left, are mainly engaged in agriculture.
- The village, in the shadow of the imposing Tsiknias, has nice view.
- In the center of the village you will find the church of Panagia (Karmelitana).
- Potamia is a base for touring the beaches of Santa Margarita, Agios Dimitrios, but also for
- It is 13Km off Chora.
- Follow the old road network (starting from Zannaki Alavanu Av.) and just before reaching
Berdemiaros turn left and go on to Mesi where you turn right towards Steni and from there
right again to Potamia.