- Mamados is a small village built on the northwest tip of the island, after Pyrgos.
- Mamados was previously a lively village and most of its residents had been working in
nearby quarries, excavating the local green marble.
- Overtime, the population decreased and currently it has less than 10 residents.
- It nurtured many talented sculptors working on marble.
- Mamados was the hometown of Skalkottas, a famous Greek musician.
- Starting from Mamados, you can visit the ruined village Ismael for a ride in time, or the
lighthouse at the NW end of Tinos (Steno), where you can see Andros, situated ahead of
you, within "walking" distance.
- If you wish to dive in waters that reflect the green color of the marble, select the nearby
coastal settlements Koumela and Mali.
- Located 27 km away from Chora (Tinos).
- Follow the new road network Tinos - Panormos (starting from Tripotamou Av)
heading for Pyrgos. Leaving behind Venardados and Pyrgos, turn left towards Mamados.