- Loutra(=baths) that were in the area, gave their name to the village.
- The village was an important religious and cultural center of the island.
- Loutra was a small town, with over 500 residents.
- In the 19th century, the monastery of Jesuit monks was built here with its temple dedicated
to the founder of the Order St. Ignatius Loyola.
- In the Monastery of Jesuits there is a folklore museum.
- Loutra is well known for the Convent of the Ursulines founded in 1862. The imposing building
housed a school for girls and later, the primary school of the village and also, a school of
carpet making. It is open to visitors and has a small museum with objects that have survived
from the period of its operation as a school.
- In summer, the courtyard of the Monastery of Ursulines welcomes cultural events.
- The Church of St. Joseph dates back to the mid of the 19th century. It surrendered to the
ravages of time, but retained the charm of neoclassic Baroque.
- Situated 8 km off Chora (Tinos).
- Follow the new road network (starting from Τripotamou Av), turn left at the first junction
and right at the second (after Xinara).