- LOCATION: Located in the SW part of the island, it is about 17km from Chora.
- ACCESS: Just before Kardiani (village), turn left towards the bay Kardiani-Giannakis.
After about 4 km (without turning anywhere) you arrive at the beach.
- MORPHOLOGY: Sand, pebbles, rocks, normal depth
- ORGANIZED: No, just a few umbrellas and shade from trees
- CROWD INFO: Relatively quiet
- WEATHER: Relatively calm
- If you are wondering about the name "Giannakis," it refers to a major landowner
living in the area (19th cent.)
- The chapel on the beach is that of St. John the Baptist
- On the beach, there is a chute for small boats
- The island across the sea is Syros