- The village is built at the foot of the highest mountain on Tinos, Tsiknias.
- It is a "living" village and the biggest of Tinos in population.
- It is most likely that the name stems from the elongated shape of the settlement.
- Three areas constitute Steni: Sporados (right of the entrance of the village), Kato Steni
(the center of the village) and Kamari (after the health center).
- The Orthodox and the Catholic element coexist and live in harmony. Ag. Antonios of the
Orthodox church and the Cathedral of St. Nicholas of Catholics, are both particularly
- In the village you can visit the folklore museum with old household items.
- Very quaint chapels are Faneromeni and Agios Dimitris in the surroundings.
- Situated 11 km off Tinos (Chora).
- Follow the old road network (starting from Zannaki Alavanou Av.). Reaching Berdemiaros
turn left to Mesi and then turn right towards Steni.