- Mountados is a traditional village, built on the slope of Kechrovouni.
- Its history begins 1000 years ago.
- Mountados had a tradition in shipping and trade.
- Paximadi family and Captain Sigalas, a henchman of Miaoulis (heroes of the Greek Revolution
1821) descended from Mountados.
- The village once had one of the few old schools of the island and one of the most famous
- A point landmark of the village is the stream with a stone bridge.
- You will find a lot of old churches and of course the cathedral of St. John with its great marble
- John Platis, a large wood sculptor comes from this village.
- Located 8 km away from Chora (Tinos).
- Follow the old road network (starting from Zannaki Alavanou Av.) and at the first crossroad
turn left towards Mountados and Karya.