- The name of the village comes from the place where it is located, since it is like a nest built
high in the mountains
- Aetofolia, after the settlement of artists from Sifnos (Cyclades), became a center of pottery.
- The Church of Ag. Ioannni, which dominates in the village, was built in 1819.
- In the village, there is a Museum of Traditional Pottery and Folk Art.
- The surrounding areas "Tis Koris o Pyrgos", "Ellinikaria", "Kammeni Spilia" beyond their
physical beauty, are associated with various versions of folk legends.
- According to tradition, in "Kori’s Pyrgos" lived Persephone, daughter of Demeter, the mythic
- Situated 15 km off Chora (Tinos).
- Starting from Kionion coastal road, go straight on till you meet the junction at Ag.Marina
Take the road on the right, towards Aetofolia (leaving behind Kalloni and Kato Kleisma).